Code of Conduct
SafeTrade. registered tradesmen must agree to adhere to the following code which covers the conduct of themselves, their employees/representatives, and the working relationship that they have with customers during the course of contracts.
All SafeTrade registered tradesmen agree:
- to at all times conduct their business in an honest and fair manner
- to at all times ensure that they have sufficient public liability and employer’s liability insurance cover for the contracts they undertake
- to provide a professional, reliable service to clients from the stage of initial quotation through to the completion of the contract
- to provide the client with a timely written quotation for the contract, if required
- to adhere to all legal and health and safety regulations relevant to the work in hand
- to at all times carry out work to the best of their ability and ensure that employees/subcontractors are monitored to ensure that they do likewise
- to endeavour to stick to time frames agreed with the customer before commencing work
- to inform customers as soon as possible when there are unavoidable problems or delays
- to ensure that changes to the work specified or extra costs are confirmed in writing and agreed with the client before such work begins
- to supply samples of materials and fittings to the client for prior approval, if required, and always ensure the client is suitably informed and happy to proceed with the materials before work is undertaken
- to carry out the work in the manner agreed with the customer, and if required to provide updates on the progress of the work
- to make sure they have the sufficient time in order to carry out the contract
- to inform the customer if at any period they are going to be un-contactable and provide alternative contact details to the client to ensure that any matters arising can be dealt with appropriately
- to treat the customer and their property with respect and ensure that the working site remains a safe and healthy environment
- to treat their clients and those in premises neighbouring the working site in a polite and courteous manner.
- to ensure that upon completion of the contract the site is left in a state that is clean, tidy and ready for use
- to ensure that they dispose of any waste materials in an appropriate manner.
- to ensure the client is properly briefed about any relevant maintenance or operating issues with regards to the completed contract
- to agree a date to return and correct any defects which may have arisen as a result of the contract undertaken in accordance with any guarantees offered
- to inform the client that they are SafeTrade registered and therefore have the opportunity to provide feedback to SafeTrade on the contract carried out
Please note: If a SafeTrade registered tradesman is found to be in breach of the above Code of Conduct they will be subject to formal review with the possibility of their registration being revoked.